[Foundation-l] Proposed revised attribution language

Erik Moeller erik at wikimedia.org
Wed Mar 11 21:50:10 UTC 2009

2009/3/11 geni <geniice at gmail.com>:
>> Why? The language doesn't require you to include a full list of
>> authors. Only if you want your copy to be a "link-creditable" copy,
>> you would need to do so.

> Is provideing credit reasonable to the medium or means an additional
> requirement?

No; the attribution terms merely describe what the license means in
the context of the specific collaborative work that it's applied to.

>> That's true for any approach that utilizes hyperlinks; there are
>> probably technical strategies we can use to mitigate it.
>
> Nope. Not as long as the deletion button continues to exist.

We already make deletion logs visible to everyone; is there any reason
why we shouldn't do the same with contribution histories other than
the occasional case where they include information that shouldn't be
publicly viewable?

Erik
--
Erik Möller