[Foundation-l] Proposed revised attribution language

Erik Moeller erik at wikimedia.org
Wed Mar 11 20:51:06 UTC 2009

2009/3/11 geni <geniice at gmail.com>:
> Importing wikipedia content would be an absolute pain

Why? The language doesn't require you to include a full list of
authors. Only if you want your copy to be a "link-creditable" copy,
you would need to do so.

> and moveing
> article titles would result in some interesting legal situations.

That's true for any approach that utilizes hyperlinks; there are
probably technical strategies we can use to mitigate it.

> The phrase "otherwise be attributed in the manner specified by the
> uploader" is intensely bad because it allows people to specify
> attribution via skywriting.

CC-BY-SA itself places limitations on credit, but I've nevertheless
qualified it with "reasonable".
--
Erik Möller
Deputy Director, Wikimedia Foundation