[Foundation-l] Attribution by URL reasoning?

Anthony wikimail at inbox.org
Wed Mar 11 15:25:09 UTC 2009

On Mon, Mar 9, 2009 at 12:05 PM, Mike Linksvayer <ml at creativecommons.org>wrote:

> On Fri, Mar 6, 2009 at 12:46 PM, geni <geniice at gmail.com> wrote:
> > 2009/3/6 Mike Linksvayer <ml at creativecommons.org>:
> >> Yes.
> >>
> >> Mike (not the CC counsel but just spoke to her)
> >
> > And what was the exact wording of the question asked and what was the
> > line of reasoning?
>
> The question was whether attribution by URL works offline as well as on.
>
> It was a very simple question (though she's read this thread) and
> answer, didn't go into reasoning.

I see you've posted a blog post (
http://creativecommons.org/weblog/entry/13232) which suggests that
attribution by link was added in 2.5.  You point to this a blog post by Mia
Garlick (http://creativecommons.org/weblog/entry/5447) announcing the draft
changes.  From the content of those changes I gather that you are referring
to the clause regarding the "terms of service or other reasonable means".
Is this correct?