[Foundation-l] Attribution survey, first results

Mike Linksvayer ml at creativecommons.org
Mon Mar 9 16:05:15 UTC 2009

On Fri, Mar 6, 2009 at 12:46 PM, geni <geniice at gmail.com> wrote:
> 2009/3/6 Mike Linksvayer <ml at creativecommons.org>:
>> Yes.
>>
>> Mike (not the CC counsel but just spoke to her)
>
> And what was the exact wording of the question asked and what was the
> line of reasoning?

The question was whether attribution by URL works offline as well as on.

It was a very simple question (though she's read this thread) and
answer, didn't go into reasoning.

Others have expressed since then what makes sense to me, eg Moeller
and Snow at http://lists.wikimedia.org/pipermail/foundation-l/2009-March/050727.html
... indeed, CC licenses have been written to be medium agnostic to the
extent possible.

Mike

p.s. Personally, discussions of "offline" here and everywhere (say,
accessibility of educational materials) are absurdly myopic.
Consideration of offline use is about as relevant now as consideration
of horse stables in urban planning 100 years ago.