[Foundation-l] Request for your input: biographies of living people

Ray Saintonge saintonge at telus.net
Thu Mar 5 18:40:16 UTC 2009

Gerard Meijssen wrote:
> Hoi,
> My English is considered to be quite good. I have not learned any new words
> and I do not mind to have an occassional word. For me this was excessive and
> it stopped my reading and my interest.
> Thanks,
>      Gerard
>
> PS David, what was you first language again ?

David was not the one to introduce the words into the discussion; that
was done by a native Finnish speaker, a language more distantly removed
from English than Dutch.  Since that person was responding to my
comments, I was up to the challenge.  I even confess that I had to look
up the one with two plurals just to make sure I understood it correctly

Ec