[Foundation-l] Request for your input: biographies of living people

Alex mrzmanwiki at gmail.com
Thu Mar 5 03:18:47 UTC 2009

Chad wrote:

> While working with OTRS, I actually sent several articles through AfD. And I
> typically didn't announce that it was an OTRS thing, so as to let the community
> judge the article on its own merits. This would actually be a decent policy to
> follow: encourage OTRS respondents to send the marginally notable through
> the normal AfD process (like any other) and allow those in the community
> more equipped to deal with deletion/BLP issues handle it.

This assumes that both of those groups are the same. Many people
involved in the deletion processes are rather unconcerned with BLP
issues (or things like sourcing and NPOV, as long as its notable), and
many people concerned about BLPs don't involve themselves in the
deletion process.

--
Alex (wikipedia:en:User:Mr.Z-man)