[Foundation-l] Request for your input: biographies of living people

quiddity pandiculation at gmail.com
Wed Mar 4 21:06:47 UTC 2009

On Wed, Mar 4, 2009 at 12:27 PM, David Gerard <dgerard at gmail.com> wrote:
> 2009/3/4 quiddity <pandiculation at gmail.com>:
>
>> http://www.onelook.com/?w=encomium "a formal expression of praise"
>> http://www.onelook.com/?w=hagiography "a biography that idealizes or
>> idolizes the person (especially a person who is a saint)"
>> http://www.onelook.com/?w=saccharine "overly sweet"
>

> *cough* you mean, of course:
>
> http://en.wiktionary.org/wiki/encomium
> http://en.wiktionary.org/wiki/hagiography
> http://en.wiktionary.org/wiki/saccharine

*hums innocently*
but no, not until we implement wikidata will Wiktionary not make me
cringe slightly...
http://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/Wikidata
I might have linked to omegawiki.org too, if any of those words existed there...
Are these two still at all likely to merge?
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wikipedia:OmegaWiki
or have the "... copying and pasting these lists from one language
Wiktionary to another was inefficient and error-prone ..." problems
been solved since I last read up on this?