[Foundation-l] Attribution survey, first results

Mike Godwin mnemonic at gmail.com
Wed Mar 4 19:08:08 UTC 2009

Phoebe writes:

This is a very small, self-selected sample; there would be
> no harm or cost associated with turning it on for a much larger
> percentage (or all) of logged-in users on the top-ten languages, not
> just English or German alone, which both have peculiarities associated
> with being the largest Wikipedia communities.

Is there a version of the survey that does *not* entail a self-selected
sample?  The methodologist in me wants to know, because it seems to me that
selection bias is inherent in any survey of this sort. (What's more, it
seems fairly predictable in which direction that bias would skew results.)

--Mike