[Foundation-l] Request for your input: biographies of living people

Nathan nawrich at gmail.com
Wed Mar 4 18:55:31 UTC 2009

Sue,

As far as "default to delete" goes... There was a high profile proposal
about it awhile back, written by Doc_glasgow (now en:User:Scott_MacDonald),
which got significant support but appeared to fall short of a consensus.

Nonetheless the deletion of articles on marginally notable living people
became more common shortly afterward - not necessarily as a "default to
delete," I think the increased awareness of the danger that marginally
notable BLPs present convinced more people to argue for deletion at AfD.

I'm surprised to see that a version of default to delete made it into the
deletion policy - supports the notion that policy follows practice, I
suppose. However, the policy and the proposal behind it didn't mention or
account for the wishes of the subject (that I recall);  in deletion
discussions those have largely been seen as not relevant.

Nathan