[Foundation-l] Attribution survey, first results

Andrew Whitworth wknight8111 at gmail.com
Wed Mar 4 18:20:28 UTC 2009

On Wed, Mar 4, 2009 at 1:11 PM, Anthony <wikimail at inbox.org> wrote:
> On Wed, Mar 4, 2009 at 1:02 PM, Thomas Dalton <thomas.dalton at gmail.com>wrote:
>
>> Do we really want to only listen to the opinions of those people
>> actually willing to make a fuss if they don't get their way?
>
> We should.  If someone isn't willing to make a fuss if they don't get their
> way, they don't really care in the first place, do they?

Ah, so the only people who matter are the immature children who throw
temper tantrums while the adults are busy with important work?
Interesting concept, although I can see how people who believe this
would be tempted to act like immature little children, because there's
the expectation that such behavior should yield good results.

The people who matter here the most are those that are hard-working,
productive, helpful. The people who aren't whining like a tired baby
on every mailinglist thread that they find disagreeable. This is a
group of people that tend not to make their opinions well-known, but
scarcity is directly proportional to importance here.

--Andrew Whitworth