[Foundation-l] Attribution survey, first results

Thomas Dalton thomas.dalton at gmail.com
Wed Mar 4 18:02:02 UTC 2009

2009/3/4 Marco Chiesa <chiesa.marco at gmail.com>:
> On Wed, Mar 4, 2009 at 6:50 PM, Anthony <wikimail at inbox.org> wrote:
>

>> And yes, 80% of people ranked one of 4 options which I consider
>> unacceptable
>> first.  But then, 67% of people would have done so even if everyone chose
>> their answers randomly.
>

> Now, how many of the 20% who wants their name cited would have given the
> same response to something like: "Would you be happy to piss everyone off if
> your name does not appear in a list of about 100 authors of a Wikipedia
> article cited by Xyz?"

Do we really want to only listen to the opinions of those people
actually willing to make a fuss if they don't get their way? I imagine
most Wikimedians are sufficiently mature to accept it if the majority
disagree with them. (This is assuming only options actually legal
under the license are considered.)