[Foundation-l] Report a problem link

Angela beesley at gmail.com
Tue Mar 3 13:08:31 UTC 2009

On Tue, Mar 3, 2009 at 11:06 AM, Robert Rohde <rarohde at gmail.com> wrote:
> I'm breaking this specific idea out of the main thread, in order to focus on it.
>
> There seems to be considerable support for adding some kind of "Report
> a problem" link to pages, (probably not necessarily) to the sidebar.

Problem Reports are used quite successfully on Wikia. The GPL code for
it is available at
<https://svn.wikia-code.com/wikia/trunk/extensions/wikia/ProblemReports/>

Basically, readers report problems using the link at the end of each
article. Anyone can view and comment on the reports as you can see at
http://scratchpad.wikia.com/wiki/Special:ProblemReports - click the
magnifying glasses for details.

Admins can reply to the reporter by email (if they gave an email
address) and can flag the report as "fixed", "closed", "needs staff
help", or "pending". Boilerplate responses can be added via the
MediaWiki namespace.

Reports are logged in Special:Log/pr_rep_log. You can get reports by
email or RSS if you want to.

Angela