[Foundation-l] Request for your input: biographies of living people

Aude audevivere at gmail.com
Tue Mar 3 08:52:53 UTC 2009

> On Tue, Mar 3, 2009 at 2:25 AM, Ting Chen <wing.philopp at gmx.de> wrote:
>

>> Back to BLP. Personally I think that the policies we have related to
>> BLPs are enough, but maybe we should be put more resource in the
>> inforcement of these policies. The meetings Philipp mentioned in Germany
>> are a very good start point. Perhaps the foundation can help organize
>> such OTRS-training-meetings in the US (because the lack of a US chapter)
>> and other countries, just as a beginning. Later we maybe we can see how
>> we can expand this to more regions and countries. We should also
>> encourage more people to work and help on OTRS and give them due support.
>>
>> Ting

Regarding putting more resources into enforcement of BLP policies, what
resources are you talking about?  I have seen problems reported to the BLP
and other noticeboards, with no response or inadequate responses from admins
and editors.

My own wiki time is a very limited resource nowadays, so I can personally do
only so much to help.  I would love to have all the time in the world to
help on Wikipedia, but that's not realistic.  Resouces are our volunteers
and I see the number of former admins growing along with others editing more
infrequently.

http://en.wikipedia.org/w/index.php?title=Wikipedia%3AFormer_administrators&diff=272252709&oldid=261057788

Making the inclusion criteria more stringent for BLPs may make things more
managable for our volunteers (our resources) to handle in a satisfactory
way.

-Aude

--
Aude