[Foundation-l] Request for your input: biographies of living people

David Gerard dgerard at gmail.com
Mon Mar 2 20:26:59 UTC 2009

2009/3/2 Joe Szilagyi <szilagyi at gmail.com>:

> Since BLP is so important--and Sue is wrong, not because of the
> "coverage" of Wikimedia over it, which is distantly secondary to the
> negative effects of a bad BLP situation on a Wikimedia site--then
> let's put a big prominent "Report A Problem" link on the top of every
> page, WMF-wide.

I can see "Report a problem with this page" going in the sidebar of
en:wp without controversy. We might even make it red.

The main thing would be to make sure we have the back end in place.

Something like the Special:Contact page would be a good idea. At the
very least, a mailto:info at wikimedia.org link.

(But first, it'd be good to know just what will be done with editorial
notes - just throwing them away wouldn't be good. OTRS is rather
understaffed as is. It'd be easy to look like we can deal with lots of
complaints, but I'm not sure we can just yet.)

- d.