[Foundation-l] Request for your input: biographies of living people

David Gerard dgerard at gmail.com
Mon Mar 2 20:17:57 UTC 2009

2009/3/2 Joe Szilagyi <szilagyi at gmail.com>:

> As an easy start for BLPs to contact us for help, why not have the
> global footer of all WMF sites include a prominent and very visible
> link to a simple mail form they can use to mail OTRS or the Foundation
> for help?

Because no-one reads the footer (or we wouldn't have so many people
surprised we're a charity). Hardly anyone reads the sidebar, but at
least it's there. We changed the link on en:wp from "Contact us" to
"Contact Wikipedia" to make it clear we weren't talking about how to
contact the article subject ...

We could put an email link to info at wikimedia.org in the footer. Shall
we do so? Superfluous?

- d.