[Foundation-l] Request for your input: biographies of living people

Anthony wikimail at inbox.org
Mon Mar 2 19:02:14 UTC 2009

On Mon, Mar 2, 2009 at 1:50 PM, Michael Bimmler <mbimmler at gmail.com> wrote:

> On Mon, Mar 2, 2009 at 7:33 PM, Anthony <wikimail at inbox.org> wrote:
> > My problem wasn't in regard to a biography, but it was a "BLP issue"
> under
> > Sue's expanded definition (it was in regard to some things written about
> me
> > in the Wikipedia namespace).
> >

> Was this part of a larger dispute that was already being considered by
> the ArbCom?

No.  In fact, a member of ArbCom had referred me to OTRS.  However, I don't
want to get into the specifics of this on a public mailing list.

> I'm sure the process has changed in the years since, though.  Does the
> > current process ask people if they're satisfied?
> >

> If you mean "ask" as in, do we work like Microsoft which puts a "If
> this response was helpful, click here, if not, please click here to
> send an email to my manager" (or along these lines) at the end of each
> support email, then no.

Yeah, that was my question.

However, we assume that people who are not satisfied will follow up by
> way of response and then, see above...
>
> The "Microsoft option" is rather impractical, as there is no hierarchy
> in OTRS, we don't have "supervisors" or "managers" to whom emails
> could be referred.

It'd be nice for statistical purposes, in order to gauge how well you're
doing, though.  Ultimately it'd probably lead to a system with "supervisors"
or "managers", since that's a much better way of doing things.

But again, each email includes a footer that says that this response
> comes from a group of volunteers and that formal follow-up would need
> to be done in a certified letter to the foundation.

Ah, so not only do you not ask for feedback, but you actively discourage it.