[Foundation-l] Request for your input: biographies of living people

Michael Bimmler mbimmler at gmail.com
Mon Mar 2 17:22:19 UTC 2009

On Mon, Mar 2, 2009 at 6:14 PM, Geoffrey Plourde <geo.plrd at yahoo.com> wrote:
> I care not about my application being killed. I am pointing out that it appears that you kill most of the applications, which may be the >reason for a lack of manpower.

Access to OTRS implies a high trust into the user from the part of the
foundation.

The main backlog is currently with permissions emails, where less
stringent access standards (should) apply, because the information
there is mostly not very sensitive.

The second largest backlog is in the Quality subqueue of info-en, and
this is the issue here...because access to info-en::Quality is a
fairly high level access in the general OTRS system (I'm making this
sound much more bureaucratic than it actually is) -- obviously,
because there you'll find the high priority cases with a possibly high
PR impact, so we need to make sure that we trust people who handle
them. I've seen people attach copies of their ID or copies of their
Criminal Records File in emails to that queue...so I hope you
understand that I support being quite strict in giving access there.

>Have you considered using IRC for interviews as part of the application package?

That would require a high amount of time for the OTRS admins. Mind
you, it's not "the foundation's HR department" that does this but
individual volunteers.

Michael

--
Michael Bimmler