[Foundation-l] Request for your input: biographies of living people

Michael Bimmler mbimmler at gmail.com
Mon Mar 2 16:54:53 UTC 2009

On Mon, Mar 2, 2009 at 5:48 PM, David Gerard <dgerard at gmail.com> wrote:
> 2009/3/2 Michael Bimmler <mbimmler at gmail.com>:
>> On Mon, Mar 2, 2009 at 5:38 PM, Geoffrey Plourde <geo.plrd at yahoo.com> wrote:
>
>>> They have no recourse. We are not subject to Polish law.
>
>> Individual Polish editors are, however, likely to be and they might
>> apparentely be in danger of prosecution.
>

> If there is serious danger of them being sued for *not* making
> particular edits, or removing edits by non-Polish contributors, said
> editors cannot be allowed to edit at all, to protect the encyclopedia
> from them being used as tools of legal attack.

Well, I could think of a couple people who might be subject to
persecutions (depending on how serious Polish prosecution authorities
are...) :

- The editor who added the personal data
- Administrators who were made aware of this on-wiki but declined to
react by removing the data
- Polish volunteers of the info-pl-OTRS queue who were made aware of
this via email and rejected to intervene

Shall we exclude them all?  (Note, this is all speculation, but it's a
discussion worth having imho)

Regards,
Michael
--