[Foundation-l] Request for your input: biographies of living people

Gerard Meijssen gerard.meijssen at gmail.com
Mon Mar 2 15:44:14 UTC 2009

Hoi
For the English Wikipedia there is an awareness and there are procedures in
place to deal with BLP problems.These procedures may get an update with an
implementation of Flagged Revisions. In her question, Sue did not limit BLP
issues to English Wikipedia only.

It seems to me that BLP issues in languages other then English are in a way
more problematic  because of a lack of understanding of the language and of
the cultural and legal issues for the jurisdictions where a language is
spoken. Given that from a traffic point of view the other half is in
languages other then English, I would appreciate to learn more how BLP
issues are dealt with in other languages. I can imagine that English
Wikipedia is effectively more then half of the cases that are dealt with at
the office.
Thanks,
       GerardM