[Foundation-l] Wikipedia article traffic statistics - copyright?

Thomas Dalton thomas.dalton at gmail.com
Tue Jun 30 00:53:42 UTC 2009

2009/6/30 Aude <aude.wiki at gmail.com>:
> Henrik's Wikipedia article traffic statistics tool does not indicate
> copyright or license status, so it's not clear if I can include a chart on a
> Wikipedia page.  Does anyone know the license status for the charts?
>
> http://stats.grok.se/

Facts aren't usually copyrightable and I doubt database rights apply
(I don't know much about them, though), so it's just the presentation
of the data in a chart that could potentially be protected. If you
take the numbers and produce your own chart you'll be absolutely fine.
I'm not sure there is enough creativity or work involved in making the
charts for them to be copyrightable anyway.

That said, the easiest solution is probably just to ask the creator to
release them under CC-BY-SA here:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/User_talk:Henrik