[Foundation-l] "antisocial production" & pt:wiki policies

Virgilio A. P. Machado vam at fct.unl.pt
Tue Jun 30 00:35:50 UTC 2009

Talking about antisocial... It's quite interesting what I experienced
in this very list.

I wasn't aware of the study published in the New Scientist until I
read about it here on the list, and appreciate the information very much.

Earlier this month I wrote about my perception of the same inadequate
behavior on the Portuguese Wikipedia and the adverse consequences
that might have. Not surprisingly I met a pretty derogatory comment
and plenty of silence. I certainly don't have the status of the New
Scientist. I also don't have, yet, any study to back up my observations.

Nevertheless I'm saddened by the undeniable evidence, that even on
this list it is easier to find displeasure than empathy, camaraderie,
not to mention friendship. As I was told: That doesn't really fly here.

Sincerely,

Virgilio A. P. Machado