[Foundation-l] Why "Wikipedia" and not "the Wikipedia"?

Gerard Meijssen gerard.meijssen at gmail.com
Sat Jun 27 15:22:27 UTC 2009

Hoi,
When you talk about the wikipedia, it indicate in my appreciation this
authoritative instance. There is no such thing as *the* authoritative
Wikipedia. While many consider the English Wikipedia as such, it is very
much the German Wikipedia that pioneered the use of Flagged Revision, it is
the Serbian and Chinese Wikipedias who show the way on support for multiple
scripts.

There is Wikipedia, the multi lingual project that provides encyclopaedic
information.
Thanks,
     GerardM