[Foundation-l] Fundraising Survey

Rand Montoya rmontoya at wikimedia.org
Wed Jun 24 23:37:09 UTC 2009

(As this email may enact changes that affect the total Wikimedia
community, please feel free to forward or post this email on any and all
applicable lists. We would like as much feedback as possible.)

Wikimedians--

In advance of our Annual Fundraiser (starting in November), Wikimedia is
undertaking a survey of donors and potential donors in order to improve
the effectiveness and efficiency of fundraising efforts of the Wikimedia
Foundation. The results from this survey will help us to better
understand donors and potential donors, and ultimately, will help to
increase donations to the Wikimedia Foundation. There are several basic
questions the survey is intended to answer:

* Who donates to the Wikimedia Foundation? What characteristics do
donors to the Wikimedia Foundation share?
* Are there different types of donors that can be segmented by common
characteristics?
* What motivates individuals to donate to the Wikimedia Foundation?
* What expectations do donors have about how their donations are used?
* What would (or how can Wikimedia) motivate current donors to increase
their contributions?
* Why don't more individuals donate to the Wikimedia Foundation?
* What is likely to motivate non-donors to become donors?

You can find the survey process, timeline, methodology, & questions
here: http://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/Fundraising_Survey_2009

We would appreciate your input on the questions and how to make this
survey as effective as possible.

-Rand

--
Rand Montoya
Head of Community Giving
Email: rand at wikimedia.org
Phone: 415.839.6885 x615
Fax: 415.882.0495
Cell: 510.685.7030

“At some future time, I hope to have something witty,
intelligent, or funny in this space.”