[Foundation-l] [Wikitech-l] flagged revisions

Ziko van Dijk zvandijk at googlemail.com
Mon Jun 22 08:17:12 UTC 2009

> And thus, flaggedrevs would not provide nearly any added
> disincentive for vandals, but would add workload for the
> good faith editors, and slow down content production.
>

> Jussi-Ville Heiskanen

This is not likely to happen. Our experiences on de.WP show that the change
in the work process(es) is minimal. Editing is not really different, and it
seems that vandalism is not less than before.
The extra work (for the first sighting) was done in a couple of months, and
combed out some old vandalism and in general made us improving a lot of old
articles to meet minimal requirements.
But the important thing is: Vandalism (from simple profanity to calls for
murder (!) ) does not appear immediately to the readers, and we can keep our
wiki principle reducing its negative consequences.
Kind regards
Ziko

--
Ziko van Dijk