[Foundation-l] Reuse policy

Jiri Hofman hofmanj at aldebaran.cz
Tue Jun 16 10:38:44 UTC 2009

I do not understand. About what changes are you talking about? When an article
is re-used, it is the fixed target at that time, of course. Everybody can
keep the list for the safe of its own business. The WMF should not
foreshadow the re-user will be safe with links to WMF's sites for ever. The
WMF will not be here for ever.

Jiri

On Tuesday, 16. June 2009 13:22:30 Gerard Meijssen wrote:
> Hoi,
> This would be acceptable when you are shooting on a fixed target. Given the
> huge amount of changes it is too much to ask for.
> Thanks,
>       GerardM
>
> 2009/6/16 Jiri Hofman <hofmanj at aldebaran.cz>
>
> > It seems my notice will not be taken in account. OK, I can live with that.
> >
> > I would like to propose at least one thing which, I hope, can be easily
> > accepted. Let's add a notice to "Terms of Use", warning re-users they
> > should
> > possess a list of authors (for example a database dump) even when they
give
> > credits by linking to re-used page for a case of its deleting or
> > disappearance. I feel this can ensure in a reasonable way that the content
> > can stay free even when articles are deleted or WMF closes its business.
It