[Foundation-l] Google Translate now assists with human translations of Wikipedia articles

John at Darkstar vacuum at jeb.no
Thu Jun 11 06:13:20 UTC 2009

Compare such text to a photo of a painting changed by some automatic
algorithm. The copyright of the painting is unchanged and the algorithm
gets no part of any new copyright, yet the person applying the tool
_can_ have a part in the copyright for the new derived work.

If you translate a work through the use of some tool, the tool gets no
part of the copyright, the person may get a part of the copyright for
the derived work but then he must do something in addition to running
the tool, unless the tool is so extremely difficult to use that running
it is sufficient.

John