[Foundation-l] Google Translate now assists with human translations of Wikipedia articles

geni geniice at gmail.com
Wed Jun 10 10:22:56 UTC 2009

2009/6/10 Brian <Brian.Mingus at colorado.edu>:
> Not only did you not provide a critique of my more general claim (that the
> user does not enter into a contract with Google regarding Wikipedia's data)
> but you have no provided any sort of well founded critique of this one.
> You've basically said, in both cases, "I don't believe that."

Thatys because you've provided zero evidence to back your position.
Have you even rad the TOS:

"By using Google Translator Toolkit (the “Service”), you agree to be
bound by our Google Terms of Services located at
http://www.google.com/accounts/TOS as well as these additional terms."

"1. Your relationship with Google

    1.1 Your use of Google’s products, software, services and web
sites (referred to collectively as the “Services” in this document and
excluding any services provided to you by Google under a separate
written agreement) is subject to the terms of a legal agreement
between you and Google. "

"2.1 In order to use the Services, you must firstly agree to the
Terms. You may not use the Services if you do not accept the Terms."

"2.3 You may not use the Services and may not accept the Terms if (a)
you are not of legal age to form a binding contract with Google, or
(b) you are a person barred from receiving the Services under the laws
of the United States or other countries including the country in which
you are resident or from which you use the Services."

". By submitting, posting or displaying the content you give Google a
perpetual, irrevocable, worldwide, royalty-free, and non-exclusive
licence to reproduce, adapt, modify, translate, publish, publicly
perform, publicly display and distribute any Content which you submit,
post or display on or through, the Services."

If if we took your highly non standard position that providing Google
with a URL is not submitting the content the output is displayed by
Google and you have no way to grant them the above rights over it for
third party CC-BY-SA content.

--
geni