[Foundation-l] Google Translate now assists with human translations of Wikipedia articles

Amir E. Aharoni amir.aharoni at gmail.com
Tue Jun 9 22:01:23 UTC 2009

On Wed, Jun 10, 2009 at 00:54, geni<geniice at gmail.com> wrote:
> 2009/6/9 Brian <Brian.Mingus at colorado.edu>:
>> We should take the ToS to make sure the translated text can be CC-BY-SA
>> licensed.
>>
>> /Brian
>
> Under Google's TOS you cannot enter CC or GFDL produced by someone
> else into the translation tool.

Where exactly do the TOS say it? I couldn't find it.

They would never find out about it anyway. In the current state of
things, any machine-translated text has to be edited manually and thus
it is not very different from translating a text using a dictionary -
and i believe that a human translator doesn't have to pay per-word
royalties to the dictionary publisher.

An unedited machine-translated text is likely to be speedily deleted
as patent nonsense, before copyvio is even considered.

--
אמיר אלישע אהרוני
Amir Elisha Aharoni

http://aharoni.wordpress.com