[Foundation-l] Why don't we re-encode proprietary formats as Ogg?

Samuel Klein meta.sj at gmail.com
Sun Jun 7 22:02:15 UTC 2009

We should do this (reencode all major formats to ogg).   It would
absolutely make more educational material available to commons.

We can make the service available at a reasonable rate now without
worrying about what happens when thousands of uploaders use it every
day, and deal with issues as they arise.  As for legal concerns,
Dailymotion is managing bulk conversion just fine. We can ask them if
they have to jump through any hoops.

SJ