[Foundation-l] Why don't we re-encode proprietary formats as Ogg?

Brian Brian.Mingus at colorado.edu
Sun Jun 7 17:14:04 UTC 2009

How many people at WMF consider their opinion's to be "official" ? :)

I think there are two issues for a proprietary -> non-proprietary converter:

1. The conversion software itself must be FLOSS.
2. The format being converted must have an open specification (Flash being a
good example of one that might be allowed to be converted).