[Foundation-l] pt:wiki policies

Happy-melon happy-melon at live.com
Fri Jun 5 21:16:42 UTC 2009

The Wikimedia wikis are, ultimately, private websites, owned and operated by
the Foundation.  That the software they run happens to allow millions of
users the ability to make changes to said site is ultimately just fortunate
coincidence: the ability to edit Wikimedia wikis is a privilege, not a
right, and one that can be withdrawn at any time and for any reason.  with
the usual IANAL disclaimer, legal non-discrimination mandates have no force
here.  If the issue were a Wikimedia *employee* being fired or blocked with
the additional factor of said disability, the situation would be very
different.  That is not the case.  In this context, we are guided only by
our own ethics, and the values and goals of the project.

--HM

news:7e948df10906051150h79d82524ha325aeb59ae9f2ed at mail.gmail.com...