[Foundation-l] Wikipedia tracks user behaviour via third party companies

Domas Mituzas midom.lists at gmail.com
Thu Jun 4 06:55:03 UTC 2009

Hi,

> I think we should stop the current use of Google Analytics ASAP.

I'm usually proponent of indefinite bans to people who do this, but
there are others who want milder approaches :-)
Indeed, this is violation of our privacy policy, and never should be
allowed. Thanks for headsup.

Do note, hu.wikipedia.org has external stats aggregator,
'stats.wikipedia.hu', which is hosted on vhost102.sx6.tolna.net - and
all our traffic is sent there ( http://hu.wikipedia.org/w/index.php?title=MediaWiki:Lastmodifiedat&oldid=4493139
  - as well as few other places )

I removed from both. Thanks again :)

Domas