[Foundation-l] Google Wave and Wikimedia projects

Gerard Meijssen gerard.meijssen at gmail.com
Wed Jun 3 05:21:15 UTC 2009

Hoi,
There are two things to consider;

   - when you develop using the Wave protocol the license covers your work
   - Wave is based on the Google Web Toolkit

The Google Web Toolkit has a different license, it is licensed under the
Apache license. So again I do not share your opinion that we can not use the
technology involved. I will say that we cannot contribute back. So I think
the uncooperative shoe is on our foot not Google's.
Thanks,
      GerardM

http://code.google.com/webtoolkit/makinggwtbetter.html#licensing