[Foundation-l] How was the "only people who averaged two edits a week in the last six months can vote" rule decided?

Philippe Beaudette pbeaudette at wikimedia.org
Fri Jul 31 17:37:55 UTC 2009

Allow me, please, to reinforce this, wearing my "election committee
member" hat.

This years' rules were mostly carryovers from last years' rules.  When
we started, we looked around, realized that no significant opposition
to last years' rules had been expressed, checked the talk pages to be
sure, and modified the rules to cover anything we thought needed to be
changed (for instance, this year we were able to use edits from across
wikis, using SUL - which was one of the points of opposition that was
raised last year, but there was not a technically feasible method to
do it at the time).

I'm sure that if there is significant response to the edit count
requirement, next year's committee will happily (he said confidently,
with no intent to volunteer for next year's committee) review it then.

Philippe