[Foundation-l] How was the "only people who averaged two edits a week in the last six months can vote" rule decided?

Gerard Meijssen gerard.meijssen at gmail.com
Fri Jul 31 09:52:52 UTC 2009

Hoi,
When it is agreed that people can vote based on their mail contributions,
the one thing necessary is connecting people to their WMF user. When this
information is available on a user, the global user may be made known as a
voter. In my opinion you do not want to involve people when there is no
need. Automate what can be automated and through a link to a user it can be
automated.

While I agree that this makes sense, I doubt very much that many people will
have a vote as a result of this and even more, I doubt people will cast
their vote because they can in this way.
Thanks,
        GerardM