[Foundation-l] Analysis of statistics

Jussi-Ville Heiskanen cimonavaro at gmail.com
Thu Jul 30 12:39:28 UTC 2009

Ray Saintonge wrote:
> When I first encountered you you showed a great capacity to be a pain in
> the ass.  You shared that ability with a few others who were already
> well passed their teen years.  Your tenacity through all this has been
> commendable, and your continuing presence has had a mellowing effect on
> you.  At Wikimania-Frankfurt you were one of the two people that I most
> regretted not having the chance to meet.

With the most abject apologies to the general counsel
of the Wikimedia Foundation, but this very vividly brings
to mind my own recollections of Mike Godwin of Usenet of
late 1980's to early 1990's. Conversing with him now, some
20 or so years later, was a revelation on how we each progress.

In a more philosophical vein, this to me indicates that no
man is immune to the mellowing affects of years, but the
pathologically unageable who have fixated onto a certain
phase of development.

Yours,

Jussi-Ville Heiskanen