[Foundation-l] Analysis of statistics

Ray Saintonge saintonge at telus.net
Thu Jul 30 00:45:19 UTC 2009

Mark Williamson wrote:
> This is precisely one of the problems that is holding us back.
>
> Individual prejudices against younger individuals may have scared
> younger users away from the project.
>
> All in all, I feel that we should basically treat all users the same,
> regardless of age. If a 15 year old makes good contributions to an
> article on particle physics but they need a little fixing up, it
> should be treated the same way as if a 30 year old made the same
> contribution - fix it.

When I first encountered you you showed a great capacity to be a pain in
the ass.  You shared that ability with a few others who were already
well passed their teen years.  Your tenacity through all this has been
commendable, and your continuing presence has had a mellowing effect on
you.  At Wikimania-Frankfurt you were one of the two people that I most
regretted not having the chance to meet.

Ec