[Foundation-l] strategy.wikimedia.org soft-launch

Brian Brian.Mingus at colorado.edu
Mon Jul 27 19:29:32 UTC 2009

On Mon, Jul 27, 2009 at 1:15 PM, Philippe Beaudette <
pbeaudette at wikimedia.org> wrote:

> As part of the Foundation's Strategic Planning Initiative, a new wiki (
> http://strategy.wikimedia.org
> ) is being soft-launched today.  This soft-launch is being announced
> only to foundation-l and a few other places, but is not at all secret
> - consider this an open-beta test.
>
> When you have a few moments, your input is greatly desired - please
> take time to look at the strategy wiki, to answer the questions there,
> and to start to think about what proposals you might have for the
> Foundation's five-year strategic plan.  The process for submitting
> proposals is at http://strategy.wikimedia.org/wiki/
> Call_for_Proposals .  You can familiarize yourself with the strategic
> planning process overall by reading the links on the Main Page.
>
> This wiki will be fully launched soon, but in the meantime, don't
> hesitate to make suggestions to either Eugene or myself.

> Philippe Beaudette
> Facilitator, Strategic Plan
> Wikimedia Foundation
>
> pbeaudette at wikimedia.org

I recall convincing arguments on this list that meta was the appropriate
place for this, rather than fragmenting into a new wiki. This is because
previously created wikis succumb to wiki rot and eventually link spam. Why
were those arguments rejected?