[Foundation-l] Fwd: Meadow Mari Wikipedia

Milos Rancic millosh at gmail.com
Mon Jul 27 13:35:48 UTC 2009

Here is the response :)

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: slavakileev <slavakileev at yandex.ru>
Date: Mon, Jul 27, 2009 at 14:03
Subject: Re: Meadow Mari Wikipedia
To: Millosh <millosh at gmail.com>
Cc: Сай <slavakileev at yandex.ru>

10.07.09, 12:32, "Millosh" <millosh at gmail.com>:

> I see that you are not coming too often on Meta Wikimedia. So, just to inform you that Meadow Mari Wikipedia has been created: http://mhr.wikipedia.org/

Hello, Millosh!

I am glad to write you a letter. Please post my mail to foundation-I
mailing list, because I am writing from my smartphone and it is a
little bit difficult for me to post this letter to mailing list.

Thanks a lot for creation of Mari Wikipedia. In fact, I could open
mhr.wikipedia.org from 12 July (dns servers has updated their
records). But it is just in time. Our forum started at 10 July and
finished at 15 July. I expected 150 participants, but in fact there
were only 102. All participants are active native mari, most of them
can write and read Mari.

I had a chance to take a flore during the forum. I have told about
this good event - creation of Mari Wikipedia and wrote an url address
on the screen.

Moreover, all participants were diveded on four group and there was an
practical lesson(practice) for each group. During this lesson
particerants had learned about mari language in computer technology
(mari keyboard layout, mari dictionary, mari social network). And
starting from 12 July this lesson had included Mari Wikipedia. So only
two of four groups were introduced with Wikipedia at this practical
lesson. And for one grope I had introduced Wikipedia myself. I have
shown how to make edits, how to search and navigate through the wiki.
I have told about some tools such as page history, recent changes.

During this forum I have made some contacts. I have introduced
wikipedia to a dj, who works on a radio station, they have a lot of
informational texts on Mari language, that were used in radio
programs, and now they can give this texts for wikipedia for free.

We are going to start at September, because now most of
people(including me) are on the Summer holidays. Once again, thanks a
lot for creation of Mari Wikipedia - it is a great step for our small
mari nation!

Yours sincerely,
Slava