[Foundation-l] Analysis of statistics

Henning Schlottmann h.schlottmann at gmx.net
Sun Jul 26 05:27:48 UTC 2009

geni wrote:

> English wikipedia has 2.9 million articles and far more words and can
> still have things added to it by teenagers. And it's not just
> different inclusion standards. For example [[Langstone]] meets any
> reasonable inclusion standards. De does not have an article.
> [[Ordnance Survey]] is clearly notable. No article on De.

Ordnance Survey would be a great addition to de-WP. I might write it
myself *g*. But do you expect kids to write on those - for them -
obscure topics? And if there are kids with knowledge and understanding
on these or other topics, they will be fascinated by Wikipedia and find
the project on their own. We don't need to recruit these prodigy childs.

Recruiting efforts should be done where contributions to Wikipedia are
not coming naturally. One of those fields are retired professionals.

Ciao Henning