[Foundation-l] Analysis of statistics

Henning Schlottmann h.schlottmann at gmx.net
Sun Jul 26 05:39:28 UTC 2009

Milos Rancic wrote:
> Now, we are starting with the implementation of the Scenario 1: we
> want to attract more retired academicians and we don't care for
> younger and we are very successful in that implementation. So, during
> the next year we are getting 500 more contributors in the ages groups
> between 60 and 79.
>
> This is year 2013 and we have the next situation:

It is delusional to look three, five, ten years into the future.
Wikipedia is and always will be done ad-hoc. It is fine to plan ahead
half a year or a year, but that's it. I will not even spend time to
think about who will write Wikipedia in five years, this is the job of
those who will see themselves as stewards of the project then. I will
most probably not be among them, because I am now contributing for about
four years and can't possibly know what I will do five years from now.

Ciao Henning