[Foundation-l] Dispute resolution mailing list

Birgitte SB birgitte_sb at yahoo.com
Fri Jul 24 20:38:01 UTC 2009

--- On Fri, 7/24/09, stevertigo <stvrtg at gmail.com> wrote:

> From: stevertigo <stvrtg at gmail.com>
> Date: Friday, July 24, 2009, 2:56 PM
> On Fri, Jul 24, 2009 at 12:54 PM,
> Chad<innocentkiller at gmail.com>
> wrote:
>

> > I'm speaking as a volunteer: go away, and take your
> thread with you.
> > It is /not/ appropriate for foundation-l, period.
> >
> > It is obvious to everyone that this thread exists for
> solely one reason:
> > for you to bitch and moan when you didn't get what you
> wanted on
> > your timetable. This is also not appropriate for
> foundation-l, period.
>
> I think this violates DBAD, actually. CIVIL, too.
> Do these even apply at the foundation level?
>
> -Steven

The foundation is not really like en.WP bumped up another level.  We rarely get into policing such issues on this mailing list and that is nowhere near past tolerance levels, because of among other things features in this medium that are absent from the wikis.  You see everyone's email program has some form of blacklist.  If someone is bothering you, you only need to place them on ignore.  If they say something super important someone more reliable will certainly reply to it bring it to your attention.  All kinds of little annoyances are solved by this ignore feature, especially people who don't seem to understand what issues belong on this list.  Why I have two . . . or now I should say three people on ignore for that reason alone.  It saves a great deal of argument.

Birgitte SB