[Foundation-l] Dispute resolution mailing list

stevertigo stvrtg at gmail.com
Fri Jul 24 18:58:47 UTC 2009

On Fri, Jul 24, 2009 at 1:04 AM, Geoffrey Plourde<geo.plrd at yahoo.com> wrote:
> Well, if the list is for general dispute resolution technique, it could be valuable to all projects.

Its a very simple idea, and one which sort of fills a role that
wikien-l played for years, and for which there are several disjointed
on-wiki portals for doing certain things. For a long time I myself
stated that handling things on-list was inferior to doing things
on-wiki, and thus I agree with this proposals critics to some degree.
But in fact on-wiki dispute resolution is scattered, disjointed, and
in need of upgrades that integrate its disjointed and constituent
components into a better working machine.

The only thing controversial about it is that I am the one proposing
it, and I don't really even understand why that in and of itself
should be particularly problematic, if people can simply deal with the
concept without basing their objection in privately made criticisms
and characterizations.

-Steven