[Foundation-l] Analysis of statistics

Anders Wennersten anders.wennersten at bonetmail.com
Fri Jul 24 14:30:57 UTC 2009

Some complementing data on users from Swedish Wikipedia,

-Youngsters 15-22- high turnover & somewhat decreasing volume - do
vandal fighting, write of computer games, music, film, sport etc (and
these areas are worthy of  respect too)

-Middle aged 22-50
--An increasing number of low volume contributers
--A decrease of contributions from regular users, as there are fewer
"empty" spaces for amateur masscontributions (medium turnover)

Mature 50+, low turnover which means over time both growing numbers and
growing number of contributions per user

So we also see a decrease of mass article contributers in the age span
25-35 and a steady increase of contributions from 50+ers (but we still
get valuable contributions from all age groups)
 Anders