[Foundation-l] Dispute resolution mailing list

stevertigo stvrtg at gmail.com
Thu Jul 23 20:22:27 UTC 2009

Cary Bass wrote:

> You have not gained any additional support.

Open discussion is of course the first step in gaining support.

We've been waiting for your participation, as you seem to be the
functionary in charge of starting new lists. Now that you are
participating in an open discussion, we can sort of resolve any issues
people might have with it.

> If I see nothing more than this by July 27, I will close the bug as >WONTDO

Well, that gives us three full days. This after you had been
non-responsive for almost a month. I understand that you are a
functionary, and do things in a functionary way, but I would
respectfully ask for more time. A whole week even.

> The appropriate thing for you to have done is to put a note on
> the bugzilla

I filed the report on mediazilla. No response. What then would I have
"put a note on the bugzilla" about, apart from my filing the
request/bug?

> or advertised it on the wiki and asked people to make comments > on the bug before you sent an email such as this to
> foundation-l.

Hm. All I did was start a 100 message thread on wikien-l, and a
request on mediazilla. If you could outline more "appropriate" methods
for getting you to do something several of us expressed support for,
then please state them.

> you've certainly placed me in a defensive
> position; and having to explain to you why your rather request
> has a lower priority than other things.

Well I understand that you are very very busy. Again, if you had
responded to the concept either in private, on mediazilla, or on
wikien-l, and not just on a private mailing list, things would have
gone a bit smoother.

As you raised the issue of appropriateness, I don't believe anyone's
private summary judgments are appropriate for an open project.

Sorry to put you on the spot, Cary. I was simply asking for some open
discussion. I do not understand what forces compel you to discuss an
open project's matters through only private means, and I don't care,
really. I was just asking for an open dispute resolution mailing list.

-Steven