[Foundation-l] [Slashdot] Why the Photos On Wikipedia Are So Bad

Gerard Meijssen gerard.meijssen at gmail.com
Wed Jul 22 07:25:51 UTC 2009

Hoi,
I was at the Tropenmuseum the other day .. they said that this "commercial"
notion is old hat.. Sharing collections, engaging the public is what ensures
the future of museums. So I am hopeful that the Tropenmuseum is right and
will prove to be so. The thing is they do not need to be right everywhere
and at this moment.. I expect that this notion will grow as the benefits of
sharing and engaging become clear.
Thanks,
       GerardM