[Foundation-l] [Slashdot] Why the Photos On Wikipedia Are So Bad

Huib! abigor at forgotten-beauty.com
Mon Jul 20 10:40:49 UTC 2009

Hello,

I think the writer should have looked on Commons longer and he would have
find beautifull images.

We work on Wikimedia with a lot of people doing the best the can, and the
message read above is disrespectfull to our volunteers. Nobody start with
perfect photo's, even the best photographer starts with bad pictures and
grows slowly to perfect pictures.

So yes we have pictures that are not so good, but the people that made
that photo will grow grow grow and make a perfect picture in a few years.
Commons is good in stimulating people to grow, you start with a fan
picture than you want a QI and after that you want a FP.

Huib

Http://commons.wikimedia.org/wiki/user:Abigor