[Foundation-l] Call for volunteers: 2009-2010 Audit Committee

Stuart West stuwest at gmail.com
Mon Jul 20 05:26:19 UTC 2009

Just a quick follow-up note to thank everyone who expressed interest in
serving on the Foundation's Audit Committee. I'm pleased to announced the
following membership of the 2009-2010 Audit Committee, which represents a
mix of four community members with financial backgrounds and two San
Francisco-area business people who can help provide local oversight:

* Matt Bisanz -- Matt was founding treasurer of the Wikimedia New York
chapter and is an administrator on the English Wikipedia and Wikimedia
Commons (User:MBisanz). His past experience includes exempt organization tax
compliance with a Big Four accounting firm and federal grants reporting
compliance in an educational setting. He holds an MBA in accounting from
Hofstra University and a graduate certificate in strategy and leadership
from NYU.
* Ad Huikeshoven -- Ad Huikeshoven lives in the Hague, the Netherlands. He
is an economist and a professional auditor, a long time trusted editor
(User:Dedalus since 2005) and the longest server member on the Audit
Committee (since 2007).
* Renata Stasaityte -- Renata has been working as a tax accountant at a
mid-size accounting firm in New York City since 2006. She has BBA in
Accounting and MS in Taxation. She is an editor (since 2005) and an
administrator (since 2006) on English Wikipedia (User:Renata3).
* Anders Wennersten -- Anders lives in Stockholm and is now retired after a
career including being senior manager at Ericsson and with an university
degree in mathematics and economics. He is Treasurer of Wikimedia Sverige, a
member of the Chapters Committee, and an active Wikipedian
(User:Anders_Wennersten), doing over 30,000 edits a year mainly as patroller
on the Swedish Wikipedia reviewing and fixing all new articles.
* Alan Bauer -- Alan was most recently a Group President at Progressive
Insurance, where he was responsible for $4 billion in revenue and took car
insurance online in 1997. His non-profit experience includes serving on the
Board of Trustees and Finance/Planning Committee of Carlton College. He has
a BA in Math and Philosophy from Carlton and an MBA from the Univ of
Chicago.
* Sandy Gallanter -- Sandy is CEO of the Aspen Group, a real-estate
development company that focuses on low-income housing. His non-profit
experience includes serving as an officer and on the Boards of the New
Israel Fund and the San Francisco Jewish Community Center. He earned both a
BS and JD from Rutgers, and is an attorney and Certified Public Accountant.
* Myself
* Executive Director Sue Gardner, and Foundation Chair Michael Snow, both as
observers