[Foundation-l] new list summaries

phoebe ayers phoebe.wiki at gmail.com
Sun Jul 19 20:00:42 UTC 2009

Dear all,

New list summaries for the past month:
http://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/LSS/foundation-l-archives/2009_June_15-30
http://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/LSS/foundation-l-archives/2009_July_1-15

I swear I'll try to get back on a bi-weekly schedule. Note: If anyone
wants to try their hand at summarizing some of the other lists, there
are lots of low-traffic project lists that could gain a bigger
audience if summarized.

Summary of the summary:

* license changes rolled out across all projects end of June;
* discussions about what Commons and Wikisource should be, as projects;
* two strategic planning hires (and a new open job) announced;
* new grant for Commons, new WMF financial plan and 3 new chapters;
* Wikitech discussions: templates, video codecs and browsers;
* lots of discussion about the NPG and GLAMs issues -- a special
section in this month's summary;

* miscellaneous: new sidebar donation buttons; grammar; Google
translate and image search; Wikipedians are grumpy; new Wikipedia
language; new PhD thesis on WP; WP & NIH workshop; Wikimania & flu;
how do you fully consult the community, anyway?