[Foundation-l] National Portrait Gallery

David Gerard dgerard at gmail.com
Fri Jul 17 23:28:10 UTC 2009

2009/7/18 John at Darkstar <vacuum at jeb.no>:

> Sorry, I don't follow you on this one. If the existing business model
> don't work and it should be changed, then work with them to change it
> and make the alternate options viable.

That's what I mean - this issue goes way beyond NPG into how arts
institutions are funded and sustained, which is why the NPG or people
therein may believe they're really fighting for their lives and we
threaten that. And if the NPG doesn't think that, other galleries may
think that. And they may be right, if their funding's really bad.

- d.